Representative of overseas business visa

This visa is for a sole representative, who is an employee of an overseas employer and who intends to be the ‘sole representative’ of that employer in the UK.

You can apply for this category of visa as a representative of an overseas business if you’re either: – the sole representative of an overseas business planning to set up either a UK branch or wholly owned subsidiary, or – an employee of an overseas newspaper, news agency or broadcasting organisation posted on a long-term assignment to the UK.

This individual must intend to establish a commercial presence in the UK by operating a registered branch or wholly owned subsidiary of that overseas business in the UK. This UK branch will be expected to operate the same type of business activity as its overseas parent.

The visa lets you stay in the UK for an initial period of 3 years. You may be able to extend your visa for another 2 years and after you’ve been in the UK for 5 years, you can apply for permission to settle permanently in the UK.

However, to qualify for this visa, you cannot:

  • work for yourself or any other business;
  • stay in the UK if the sole representative arrangement is ended by your employer;
  • switch to this visa from any other visa category;
  • get public funds
Online enquiry

"*" indicates required fields

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The information you provide will be only used by us to administer your enquiry and any response. Use of this form does not create a solicitor-client relationship and information transmitted will not necessarily be treated as privileged or confidential. If you are a client, please get in touch with your usual firm contact directly for the most timely response.
This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Azarmi Law